The Beijing Institute of Technology Library was established in 1940 as the Yan'an Academy of Natural Sciences Library. Today, it encompasses the Zhongguancun campus library, the Xu Teli library located on the Liangxiang campus, and four professional branches covering the fields of machinery and vehicle engineering, science, humanities, and law. With a total floor area of 55,699 square meters, the library holds a collection of 2.84 million printed books, 1.74 million electronic books, and 291 databases.
The library has a characteristic collection literature system, forming a literature resource guarantee system with high quality, complete subject coverage, equal emphasis on print and digital, and distinctive national defense characteristics. The integrated library management system, full-text linking system of electronic resources and cross-database retrieval system of electronic resources have realized seamless linking of library information resources and one-stop service for obtaining target information.
The Xu Teli Library opened in October 2008, offering readers various spaces for digital learning, newspaper and magazine reading, design art and audio-visual exercises, as well as an art gallery, military reading room, the memorial hall for Xu Teli, and six public reading rooms. It also introduced a self-service book circulation system in 2010, providing readers with 24-hour service.
The development goal of the library is to build a knowledge-centered intelligent and comprehensive academic service entity, adhering to the five-in-one service goal of "reading service, knowledge service, wisdom service, featured service, and space service", and strive to build the library into a new generation of intelligent library, to achieve the modernization of the management of the library, the holistic development and the full range of services.
For more information, please visit the library's website at http://lib.bit.edu.cn/.