Regulations and Rules
1. BIT Administrative Ordinance for International Students
I.A student must obey by the laws decrees and rules of Chinese government. Not to interfere in China’s interior affairs. Not to harm Chinese national security and interests.
II．To maintain and promote friendship among students from different countries, respect the custom of Chinese people and other countries, respect BIT faculty and staff. Solidify students and don’t to infringe other’s right and interests.
III．Be conscious to maintain the social order and the order of both teaching and living on campus.
IV．Without permission from BIT a student cannot distribute or paste exhibit, advertisement and notice for agora. Neither to organize film, dance, assembly and parade, nor broadcasting in public place. Without permission a student is forbidden to convene persons from outside to campus for mass activities.
V．Neither do anything that is not in conformity to your status as a student. A student is not allowed be employed. Working permit should apply to Office of International Students first.
VI．International students have to obey BIT’s regulations, system and disciplines consciously.
Never to destroy public property nor involve in gambling, drug, drunk, bust-up, sexual harassment or other bad activities. It’s strictly prohibited to buy, sale, hold and use controlled things by public security authority, such as falchion, blade, dagger, saber, etc., gun and pistol, explosive and dangerous materials.
VII．Visit to website should abide by the laws of China．Do not disobey the relative laws and the BIT Temporary Administrative Measures of Campus Network Safety & Protection. Handling information of China’s national security or confidential information is strictly prohibited. Never visit to illegal website, download and spreading illegal information, nor Hacker activity. Each student has the obligation and responsibility to prosecute any illegal activities.
VIII．Abide by China’s traffic rules, pay attention to traffic safety. Never drive a vehicle without driver license, nor drive vehicle without a valid license plate. Bar from drive motorcycle.
IX．Do not do religion activities at a place where is not granted by Chinese government. Never take part in any activities held by any illegal religion organization.
X．Student has the right and preference to enjoy activities organized by BIT but no transfer to others. One may return the ticket in time to organizer if not to join.
BIT will punish offender in accordance with the rules. It will be to decrease or stop scholarship, fine, warn, serious warn, keep fault record, disciplinary probation, expel respectively bases on different condition. Misfeasor will be penalized by relative laws. An expelled student has to leave China immediately. If a student was supported by scholarship the result will be noticed to the dispatch organization.
BIT will honor, comment and encourage student who is excellent at study, follow the university regulations, respect to faculty and staff, to solidify students with high moral.
The mode for rewarding as follows: Praise in campus newspaper, diploma, award, scholarship or conferring a title.
2. 请假三日以上（含）须提交书面申请，由院（系）领导审批、盖公章后交学校留学生管理部门备案, 否则按无故旷课处理。
2. Administrative Regulations of Student Enrollment
Ⅰ.All the students should complete all courses and get its scores and credits according to our teaching plan and class-division, and are not allowed to be absent from class without reason. If you ask for sick leave, please go to Room 121B with your medical certification, and go to Room 110 for business leave. Otherwise, you will be considered as absence.
Ⅱ.Punishment to language student who is absent for a certain time:
①If the absence reaches more than 20 credit hours in one semester, student will be given a warning.
②If the absence reaches more than 40 credit hours in one semester, student will be given a serious warning.
③If the absence reaches more than 60 credit hours in one semester, student will not be granted Accomplishment Certificate.
④If the absence reaches more than 70 credit hours in one semester, student will be given a warning of expulsion from university.
⑤If the absence reaches more than 80 credit hours in one semester, student will be expelled from university.
Ⅲ.If the absence reaches 1/3 of total hours of one course, you will get 0 point in attendance score (10 points) and regular score (10 points) of this course. If the absence reaches 1/2 of total hours of one course, you are not allowed to take part in the final exam or get the credit of this course.
Ⅳ.The attendance will be recorded in the final comprehensive scores, and be listed on the transcript.
Ⅴ.Full attendance students will be rewarded by Office of International Students every semester.
①Students must take mid-term exam and final exam. Both exams are given in the form of percentages.
② Students who are absent from the exam or cheat in the exam will be given a score of 0.
③Composition of total score
④Non-degree student who completes required courses will be granted transcript and Accomplishment Certificate. Otherwise, only the proof of study will be provided.
⑤Degree student who completes Chinese language task will get credits. The one who has not completed courses, taken exam or failed to pass exam won’t be granted corresponding credits.
⑥Degree student who fails in exam can retake the course with a charge of 1000 RMB per credit. And you will get credits only when you have courses and pass the exam.
Please obey the above rules. Hope you have a pleasant study and life here!
III. Attendance Regulation for Degree International Students
1. International students should follow the University’s Regulation to attend classes with no Absenteeism, Late Arrival or Early Leaving.
2. If one cannot come to class more than 3 days due to illness or personal arrangements, the student should submit the Written Application of Asking for Leave to the Office of International Students before the class begins, or will be counted as absenteeism.
3. Student who cannot come to class due to illness should submit the Diagnosis Certification from the Hospital together with the Written Application. of Asking for Leave
4. If the student needs to extend the time of leave, please resubmit the Written Application of Asking for Leave.
5. Asking for Leave to travel is not allowed during the school days. Students can spend their weekends to have short trips, but the arrangement should not influence the regular class schedule.
6. During the whole semester:
- 3 times Late Arrival equal to Absenteeism for 1 class hour
- Over 20 class hours of Absenteeism for no reason, the student will receive a Warning
- Over 40 class hours of Absenteeism for no reason, the student will not be allowed to take the Exam.
- Over 60 class hours of Absenteeism for no reason, the student will be regarded as giving up this admission.
NOTE: 1 class hour = 45 minutes; usually each course will have 3 class hours per lesson per day.
IV．Suspending the study, transferring to another university, withdrawing from university, changing student status, and extending duration of study
Foreign diplomatic organ in China or dispatching department has to apply for permission by The Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for its own student who enjoys Chinese government scholarship and wants to suspend the study, transfer to another university, withdraw from university, change student status or extend duration of study. The application of student who is recommended by foreign organization of university has to be addressed to BIT by referral unit. And then BIT will decide if thestudent's application should be approved.Other students can directly address an application to Office of International Students in person and complete related procedures after to be approved.
(1) Suspending the study: student with doctor’s note or certificate issued by dispatching department justify that it is in need to suspend the study, will be provided a suspending certificate. When returning to school, do ensure to bring suspending certificate to complete related procedures. You have to send your recovery certificate to the university two months before your returning. You are able to enter China after obtaining permission from the university. And then you need to go to university hospital to check once arrival and will be allowed to go on your study in BIT if you meet the healthy standards. Expiration will be regarded as automatic withdrawal from the university.
(2) Transferring to another university: you have to give the reason for transferring, submit required documents, and receiving proof issued by another university. Transferring in the middle of the semester is not allowed.
(3) Extending duration of study: an application is needed to give the reason and how long you want to extend two months before your deadline of study. Student who doesn’t study hard, go against laws and decrees of Chinese Government and violates rules and regulations of BIT seriously will not be allowed to extend duration of study.
(4) Withdrawing from university: international students are required to apply for withdrawing in advance, and then complete leaving procedures, and return their student ID cards and campus IC cards to the university. You shall leave the university within one week after withdrawing from university.
V．Procedures for leaving the university
1)Graduating International Students are required to leave the university within 15 days after your study becomes due. They are also required to obtain a "Form for Leaving theUniversity" from the Office of International Students and complete the following procedures before leaving:
(1) Clear all fees
(2) Return books to the library
(3) Check out from your student residenceif you live on campus. You have to compensate for any loss any damage to the public possession in the dormitory.
(4) After completing the above procedures, you may obtain your transcript and completion certification/ graduation certification from the Office of International Students while you return your student ID card and campus IC card.
2) International student leaving university for the reason of suspending the study, transferring to another university, or withdrawing from university, is also required to complete the above procedures.
3. Apartment Regulations
14 student dormitory：
International student living on campus must obey following regulations:
1) Laundry service: There is a launderette on the first floor of the No. 14 student dormitory, and the laundry card can be purchased at the reception for 130 CNY with 30 CNY as the deposit.
2) Electricity: you may apply for an electricity card paying for 10 yuan. There will be 60 kilowatt-hours of electricity/ each room for free every month. Theexcess will be charged by 0.58 yuan per kilowatt-hour.
3) Public kitchen: On 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Floor of No.14 Students Dormitory
Time: 24 hours
4) There is a lounge in room NO. 111 on 1st Floor of No.14 Students Dormitory. International students could bring your own laptops and enjoy free wireless internet there. You could also read books in this room.
5) If international students would like to leave students dormitory and live off campus, you have to provide registration form of temporary residence before checking out.
6) You are required to pay 4 months’ rent.
7) The dormitory door is opened from 6:00am to 24:00pm from Monday to Thursday, and Sunday. Student must come back to the dormitory before 24:00pm.
The dormitory door is opened from 6:00am to 2:00am for the next day on Friday and Saturday. Student must come back to the dormitory before 2:00am.
8) Student who is has been given the warning for 3 times, will not be allowed to live in the dormitory anymore.