Housing & Dining
New Comers | Delicious Food in the Canteens of BIT
★Guides for Canteens★
To teach you to be
a qualified BIT food seeker
Anecdote goes as: “Chongqing University is famous for its name, while Beijing Institute of Technology is well-known for its food”. The food in BIT lives up to its reputation, which not only attracts countless BITers, but also is praised in TV series. It may be said that BIT is the university for other students.
Study and eat at BIT, you can enjoy the culture of science, engineering and humanities.
Recommended food: for details, please follow the Weibo of “BIT Student Union” and QQ special column of “Lunch at BIT”.
The breakfast on the first floor of the North Canteen and the first floor of the South Canteen are similar, and students can get steamed stuffed buns, wontons, Chinese pies, deep-fried dough sticks, porridges and soybean milk, etc.. There are also meat pies, wontons and dumplings on the third floor of the North Canteen. PS: instant noodles and pancakes are also available in the North Canteen and South Canteen.
What’s more, the breakfast in the Muslim Canteen is a little bit special, which has pumpkin pie, glutinous rice balls and barbecue cold noodles, etc..
Lunch & Dinner
The North Canteen
Video for the Muslim Canteen & the North Canteen
(1) Location: The North Canteen, with excellent geographical location, is situated in the golden area surrounded by Jing Garden, the Library and teaching buildings.
There are three floors of the North Canteen. The first and second floors are common dishes areas, which attracts numerous teachers and students for its tasty home dishes.
The third floor is for special dishes, including Xianghe meat cakes, Chongqing noodles, chilly pots and Wushan roast fish, etc., which is appetizing for the delightful smell.
(2) Price: on the first and second floors, dishes of vegetables are usually less than 3 yuan, and dishes of meats is usually about 5 yuan; on the third floor, it is about 15 yuan.
(3) The flavor and the taste: the dishes on the first and second floors are slightly salty but partially sweet. However, there is a special area for “less oil and salt”, which can provide more delicacies. In addition, the dishes on the third floor could be defined as cuisine.
(4) Others: due to the larger flow of people on the first floor, it may cost more time for lining up to pick up your orders.
The South Canteen
Video for the South Canteen
(1) Location: The South Canteen is situated in the middle of the Liangxiang Campus, which is with remote geographical location but covers a large area.
There are three floors of the South Canteen. The first floor is common dishes area. The second floor is available for teachers and faculties, with rice-flour noodles and normal noodles in the north. The third floor, with a name of “Flavor Canteen”, attracts numerous teachers and students for its special delicacies, such as Beijing roast ducks, curry shrimps, boiled fish with pickled cabbage and chili and so on.
(2) Price: it is the same as the North Canteen.
(3) The flavor and the taste: compared with the North Canteen, the dishes are not too much salty or sweet. Besides, there are also small hot pot on the third floor, which has the flavors of spicy, mushroom soup, tomato soup, clear soup and curry.
(4) Others: with lower flow of people and larger area on the first floor, the dining environment is very comfortable.
The Muslim Canteen
(1) Location: The Muslim Canteen is situated in the middle of the Liangxiang Campus, which is with remote geographical location but covers a large area.
All of the students can go there for a meal. Only a few windows are for common dishes, others are for special dishes including chilly pots, teppanyaki and spaghetti, etc..
(2) Price: regarding the common dishes, the price is the same as the first floor of the North Canteen and the South Canteen; regarding other special dishes, the price is the same as the third floor of the North Canteen and the South Canteen.
(3) The flavor and the taste: it is so delicious.
(4) Others: the Muslim Canteen covers smaller area but with larger flow of people.
Guides for Canteens in BIT